You can find everything you need to know about us, Merseyrail Electrics 2002 Limited, and our products on our website before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing after you order, by email.
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
- We only accept orders when we've checked them.
- Sometimes we reject orders.
- We charge you when we ship your product.
- We pass on increases in VAT.
- We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Products can vary slightly from their pictures.
- You're responsible for making sure your measurements are accurate.
- [If you bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind plus extra rights under our guarantee.
- You have rights if there is something wrong with your product.
- We can change products and these terms.
- We can withdraw products.
- We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products.
- We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice.
- You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
- Other important terms apply to our contract.
We contact you to confirm we've received your order and we accept it when we dispatch or supply the product to you.Sometimes we reject orders
Sometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock because we can't verify your age (where the product is age-restricted), because you are located outside the UK, as stated on our website and in our marketing or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.We charge you when we ship your product
However, for some products we take payment at regular intervals, as explained to you during the order process. If your product is goods (rather than digital content or services), you will own it once we have received payment in full.We pass on increases in VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.We're not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, such as a postage delay, rail strike, we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact our Customer Service Team: Questionseccomerce@merseyrail.org to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A product's true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device or in our marketing or its packaging may be slightly different.If you bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind.
Your legal right to change your mind. For most of our products bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
Our goodwill guarantee. In addition, we, MERSEYRAIL ELECTRICS (2002) LIMITED, offer our UK customers a goodwill guarantee for most products bought online, which is more generous than your legal rights in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights if there is something wrong with your product (for more on those rights see You have rights if there is something wrong with your product).
When you can't change your mind. You can't change your mind about an order for:
- digital products, after you have started to download or stream these;
- services, once these have been completed;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised; and
- goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- the day we deliver your product, if it is goods, for example a cuddly toy train.
- the day we confirm we have accepted your order, if it is for digital content for download or streaming (for example, digital photograph, although you can't change your mind about digital content once we have started providing it.
How to let us know. To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team: Questionsecommerce@merseyrail.org
You have to return the product at your own cost. If your product is goods, for example, a cuddly toy train, you have to return it to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost, unless we offered free returns when you bought the goods. You can:
- Send the product back to us, using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won't refund you the price. We only refund standard delivery costs. We don't refund any extra you have paid for express delivery or delivery at a particular time.
We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a product. If you handle the product in a way which would not be acceptable in-store, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the product's condition is not "as new", price tags have been removed, the product-branded packaging is damaged or accessories are missing. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due. Our Customer Service Team: Questionseccomerce@merseyrail.org can advise you on whether we're likely to reduce your refund.
When and how we refund you. If your product is a service, digital content or goods that haven't been delivered or that we're collecting from you, we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of you telling us you've changed your mind. If your product is goods that you're sending back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving them back from you (or receiving evidence you've sent them to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don't charge a fee for the refund.You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must either bring it into one of our stores or contact our Customer Service Team: Questionsecommerce@merseyrail.org. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. Your legal rights are summarised below. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk. Remember too that You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
Summary of your key legal rights
If your product is goods, for example cuddly toy train, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
If your product is digital content, for example a photo or video, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says digital content must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality:
- If your digital content is faulty, you're entitled to a repair or a replacement.
- If the fault can't be fixed, or if it hasn't been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some or all of your money back.
- If you can show the fault has damaged your device and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation
We can change products and these terms Changes we can always make. We can always change a product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; an example of changes that could be implemented are changes to the fabric or stuffing of the toy train to meet new requirements.
- to update digital content, provided that the digital content always matches the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it. We might ask you to install these updates.
We can stop providing a product, such as an ongoing service or a subscription for digital content or goods. We let you know at least 30 days in advance, and we refund any sums you've paid in advance for products which won't be provided.We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products
We're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, damage to your own digital content or device, which was caused by digital content we supplied and which you could have avoided by following our advice to apply a free update or by correctly following the installation instructions or having the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession OR Our liability for any loss you suffer in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession is limited.
How we use any personal data you give us is set out in our Privacy Notice:
You have several options for resolving disputes with us
Our complaints policy. Our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products as per our Complaints policy: Link for complaint policy
Resolving disputes without going to court. Alternative dispute resolution is an optional process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. You can submit a complaint to Trading standards through their website at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards does not charge you for making a complaint and If you're not satisfied with the outcome you can still go to court.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
Other important terms apply to our contract
We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your product. We'll tell you in writing if this happens and we'll ensure that the transfer won't affect your rights under the contract. If you're unhappy with the transfer you can contact our Customer Service Team: Questionseccomerce@merseyrail.org to end the contract within 30 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you've made in advance for products not provided.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.